BlackJack is a programme concept for JunkRadio.
BlackJack takes the form of a quiz show, based around the popular casino game. Two or more contestants battle each other to be the days champ and carry over to the next show... However to win a prize, the Contestant must also beat the house.
at the start of the game, each Player is given a "Hole card" that is only revealled to them and the audience. Play starts with the Carryover champ.
The player may choose to hit or stand.
- If the player chooses to stand, play moves to the next player
- If the player chooses to hit, they are asked another question, and face the same choice if the question is answered correctly
If the player answers incorrectly:
- They may choose to stand on their current score
- Or they may Double Down, and are asked a second question. If this is answered correctly they get a single extra card. If it is answered incorrectly, they are eliminated.
If the player scores a Blackjack (21 with just the hole card and 1 other)
- They may Stand immediately retire on 21
If the players score goes over 21
- They are eliminated.
After each player has played.
- The highest scoring player wins, if there is just 1.
- An Insured BlackJack player beats any other blackjack or 21.
- If there is a tie, the highest scoring player who used the most cards wins.
- If there still remains a tie, elimination questions are asked.
- If no player has "Stood" (or doubled down) with a score of 21 or less, then there is no winner.
The Winner moves to the champions round, where a standard game of blackjack (the casino game) with no questions is played. If the player beats the house, they win the days prize. Either way, they become the carryover champ.